07/18/2018 | 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Chris Vogel, Compass Affiliates
Honestly, where is your company on its Continuous Improvement (CI) journey? Where is it strong? Where does it need improvement?
These are difficult but critical questions, because if you can’t answer them reliably, how do you know what efforts or areas should be priorities and which ones can wait? What should you and your team be doing right now? What should you do next? And what should you do after that?
We can’t produce a crystal ball to answer those questions, but we can help you do the next best thing – make an objective, dispassionate assessment of your CI journey at either the company, departmental, or functional levels.
The Performance Excellence Network is pleased to announce a valuable full-day workshop: Fundamentals of Continuous Improvement, July 18 in Bloomington.
In this practical, hands-on workshop led by expert CI practitioner Chris Vogel, you’ll use a “CI Journey Self-Assessment Tool” to accurately evaluate your company’s current CI capabilities and develop realistic goals for where to focus next. At the end of the day, you’ll leave with preliminary goals identified so when you get back to the factory or office you’ll be able to move ahead with a customized plan at a pace that is appropriate for where your organization is on its CI journey.
The Assessment is generated by gauging performance on a series of CI management attributes in four fundamental areas that should guide every CI transformation: Purpose; People and Culture; Process and Operations; and Continuous Improvement. Your answers will provide a baseline for refocusing, reenergizing, or even beginning a CI transformation.
At the end of this workshop, you will leave knowing:
- What the attributes of a CI organization are and how they work together
- What the current state of the CI transformation in your company, department, or function is
- What the gaps in performance are
- What action steps to take and in what sequence to close the gaps
- Where you should focus time and effort in developing the organization’s CI capability
- What your short-term and long-term goals should be
Who Should Attend:
This workshop is designed for:
- Managers or teams that want to gain a better understanding of the total scope for what a CI culture can look like as it continues on the journey
- Managers or teams with little-to-moderate experience and exposure to CI who want to increase their understanding of the components of a CI culture
- Managers who want to better understand what CI management looks like through the phases of a CI transformation
- Leaders who want to assess where they are today and create a plan of action for where they can aim to be next
- Anyone who wants to use a quantifiable tool to compare and contrast year-over-year results as they continue on their CI journey
Whether you are starting, strengthening, or reinvigorating your Continuous Improvement efforts within your organization, this workshop will provide you with a way to better understand where you are today and what your future can look like.
Cost for the full day is $325 for members ($650 for non-members). Discounts available for teams of 3-4 from the same organization registering at the same time ($300) as well as teams of 5+ ($275).